Saturday, November 26, 2011

Andy Warhol did it why can't I?

For this week’s free blog post I thought I would ponder further into the topic of “group Think”.  Maybe it is dangerous to educate artist to think in groups.  I was thinking about the influence Andy Warhol had on a entire generation and still has in some ways.  I don’t know how many young ladies I know have prints of the Marilyn Monroe diptych in their homes.  Very few of them know what he was trying to say about mass production and how in many ways she was/is seen as more of a product than a person. Just the idea of making it a diptych was pure genius.  For those who don’t know a diptych is a three panel painting hinged together and most commonly found on a religious alter.  Point being Andy Warhol was an artist that was capable of doing his own thinking.  And his individuality sparked an entire generation to consider their actions in regards to their treatment of celebrities.    

No comments:

Post a Comment