Saturday, November 26, 2011

Confidence!

This week there is no class so the directed blogs are supposed to be about what we have learned so far in regards to gathering information.  Up to my involvement in this class I have attempted to use mostly books as resources because it is easier to be sure that a book is a legitimate source. The web always seemed like a jumble of information and I had no idea how to tell the difference between fact and fiction.  Wikipedia was a source for ideas and general information when designing a piece for an art class.  But when researching for a paper I tended to stick to the book stacks.  After educating myself through this class I feel confidante that I can navigate the data bases of scholarly journals in order to find resources.  I also feel like I can determine fact from fiction on the web.  Out of all the required electives I have under my belt there are only half a dozen that I feel were truly beneficial to my education.  Yet this course is not required and I wish I had enrolled freshman year instead of last semester of my senior year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment