Sunday, October 16, 2011

.xxx

In class we discussed how to navigate the different databases that can be used when researching.  I found the discussion to be very informative.  I was aware of the different truncation symbols and the difference between a database and an interface already, but I was not aware of the fact that different databases use different truncation symbols.  I was grateful to be educated on how to find which symbols to use in each database.  These truncation symbols will defiantly make researching easier in the future.  I was also grateful for the advice on how to find creditable resources after graduating from Murray State. The difference between the .com/.org/.edu…..ect will be very helpful in the future.  To be able to limit Google searches to education or non-profit sites will be a valuable asset to me as I am about to graduate and will no longer have access to the databases offered with enrollment at Murray State.

No comments:

Post a Comment